ICoICT 2020 Virtual Conference Instruction for Attendees
ICoICT 2020 Virtual Conference Instruction For Moderators And Session Chairs
ICoICT 2020 Virtual Conference Instruction For Presenters
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE GUIDELINE
ICoICT 2020 will be hosted as a fully virtual conference. All talks will be pre-recorded and submitted as video files by June 3, 2020 to be replayed during the conference. Instructions on how authors can submit their video files are found below.
During the actual presentation on June 24-25, 2020, authors and tutors will need to be available online after their videos are played to answer Q&A from conference participants moderated by the respective Session Chairs.
Please observe the duration of the session when preparing video files of your talks:
- Paper presentation: (20 minutes)
Recorded video = 15 minutes
Live Q&A = 5 minutes
- Tutorial presentation: (1.5 hour)
Recorded video = 40 minutes
Live Q&A = 20 – 40 minutes
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIDEO RECORDING
Videos should contain a prominent view of the presentation slides along with audio of the spoken presentation. Optionally videos may contain a shot of the speaker’s head for increased engagement. (This shot should be thumbnail-sized and overlayed on the slide images). Many presentation software (such as PowerPoint) allows recording audio and video directly in the application and can export appropriate video files.
- ICoICT 2020 slide template can be found here.
- File Format: MPEG-4 (.mp4) (use standard H.264 video and AAC audio codecs)
- Video Size: HD (or use other “720p” settings)
- Audio Quality: make sure the audio is clear enough and can be heard properly
Click to the slide template.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING VIDEO
- Your video title should be in the following format: Paper-ID_Presenter’s-last-name.mp4, for presenter videos example: 1234567890_Doe.mp4. For tutorial videos, use: Tutorial_Doe.mp4.
- Upload your video to any cloud storage, e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox etc.
- Send the video link to the ICoICT committee via Google Form by June 3, 2020 (link to the form will be sent via email). The committee only accepts video links via this form. Please, check the accessibility of the video before submitting the form. Make sure the file can be read and downloaded by only having a link, i.e. without having to go through a login or other permission request.